Any information about upcoming Galas & Events can be found here.
If you require any further information regarding any of these galas please get in touch with email@example.com who will be more than happy to help.
For a comprehensive guide to galas please click here.
West Wales Regionals 2020
|Location: Haverfordwest Leisure Centre
31st January – 2nd February 2020 &
7th – 9th February 2020
Swansea Aquatics Spring Junior Development Meet 2020
|Location: Penlan Leisure Centre
Date: 29th March 2020
We may not attend these events if we have a low number of swimmers enter.
All cheques should be made payable to ‘Milford Haven Swimming Club’ with your child’s and gala name on the back. Bacs payments can be made with prior agreement.
If you have any questions about gala entries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents/ Swimmers responsibility
- Read and, if necessary, print out the meet pack, check the events you are eligible to enter (e.g. upper and lower cut off times) use the eligibility report for that meet to check your child’s time.
- Work out which events and which sessions you are available
- Speak to the fixture secretary if you need any advice on which of your eligible events you can swim or what you can enter, (swimmers should be encouraged to enter the events they need to not just the events they want to in order to progress in their swimming journey) Please understand the fixture secretary can only guide you, what you enter is your responsibility.
- If you do need advice on what races you should enter please speak with your coach, it would be advisable to have a copy of the eligibility report or races written down as coaches do not carry this information with them.
- Write down the events you wish to enter and place in an envelope along with payment. IF PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED THE ENTRY WILL BE FORFEITED.
- Make sure the cheque for the correct amount and the entry details are placed in an envelope and given in before the Milford Tigers deadline (which is usually 1 week before the meet pack closing date). It is not the responsibility of the club to remind parents of the deadline.
- All entries are to go through Milford Tigers only and not to the Gala Meet Organisers unless specified!
- Keep a record of events entered and payment made
- When the confirmed Entry List is emailed out check your child’s entry and inform the Fixture Secretary of any discrepancies within 48 hours
- Read and make a note of relevant warm-up times when they are confirmed
- It is your responsibility to ensure your child is fit and well to swim, if a child is ill he/she may be refused entry and returned to their parent with no refund.
- On the day of the gala make sure your child arrives 15 Mins before the correct warm up and knows which events they are swimming in each session. Swimmers should not be on poolside unless a Team Manager is in attendance, children should be aware of this and return to parents until an adult is present. If you are unable to attend please have the courtesy to email or text. This is essential if you are in a relay team as other swimmers may not be able to swim.
- Some venues have cool down pools, where these are used the swimmers must cool down as requested by the Coach or Team Manager
- Accept that with hundreds of individual swims being entered across the club each year that occasionally mistakes will be made
Any information about upcoming Galas & Events can be found here. If you require any further information regarding any of these galas please get in touch with: email@example.com who will be more than happy to help. For a comprehensive guide to galas please click here.
West Wales Regionals 2020
Swansea Aquatics Spring Junior